Tuning Up Your Investment
One of the most important steps of scheduled maintenance for your vehicle is a yearly scheduled tune up. A yearly tune up, or a tune up every 30,000 miles, will benefit your car in numerous ways, and above all will help keep you and your family safer while on the road.
An Auto Doctor’s tune up provides diagnosis, maintenance and replacement of the following parts when necessary:
- Spark Plugs and Spark Plug Wires – Spark plugs ignite the fuel in the vehicle’s engine. There are three different options for spark plug replacements: standard, platinum and iridium, based on your preference.
- Distributor Cap – The distributor cap triggers the ignition coil and delivers the high-voltage spark to the appropriate spark plug.
- Ignition Rotor – This is replaced at the same time as the distributor cap. The ignition rotor forwards the high voltage spark from the center terminal of the distributor cap to the spark plug output terminal.
- Ignition Timing – Auto Doctors will adjust the ignition timing if the vehicle has a distributor.
- Carburetor or Idle Speed Control – Auto Doctors will adjust if needed.
- Throttle Body – Inspected for carbon build-up and other needed maintenance.
- Fuel Filter, Air Filter, PCV Valve – These will all be inspected and replaced if necessary.